creative.ai is a location-distributed team of eight, looking for a researcher to spearhead our user research efforts. We're an AI company building the next generation of creative tools — using a combination of machine learning, computational intelligence and creativity, classical A.I., a wide range of generative & procedural techniques, and a strong focus on human-computer interaction.
- Shape the company. We're a small team, early in the game. As an early-stage startup with a grand vision, you’d join the core team to help us bring it to life!
- Work on the frontier of AI. You’d be taking on ground-breaking applied work that’s fundamental to the future of creative industries.
- Fully funded. The company is fully funded with projects underway; you have the opportunity for high-impact contributions!
- Fully remote. We’re distributed through Europe (Berlin, Vienna, London, Stockholm & Amsterdam) and we evangelise remote culture.
- Our tech team is masterclass. You’d join a Creative AI dream team, with founding team members that are veterans in the field, presenting at some of the biggest AI conferences in Europe and The Valley.
- A humanist company at the core. We care deeply about the ethical implications of AI and emphasize augmentation over automation. That means we put the human mind first, building tools to make it even better.
As our new researcher you’ll be spearheading our customer research efforts. Your first customer interviews, surveys and user tests will be our guiding compass for our product direction. You’ll find us receptive to suggestions for better processes. Whatever it takes to bring the customer closer to our work, and test our product ideas better!
Requirements: No agencies or recruiters.
- Empathy and people skills. You have a gift for establishing rapport with people. You love talking to people. You have empathy with your fellow human being, and sympathise with their motivations and their struggles. You know how to help them open up and share their experience with you.
- Proven track-record of delivering insights. You saviour those Eureka! moments in customer research, when you just know you’ve stumbled onto something that could prove decisive in your company’s strategy going forward. It could be a blind spot you’ve discovered in analytics, or a really great quote from a customer in an interview, or that problem you spotted when testing the product in-field. You have your own Research Insights Hall of Fame board that you’ll proudly share with us.
- Master of silence. But not in a creepy way, of course. Just uncomfortable enough to make the other person fill the void with great insights. Silence may not be your only technique. The point is, you’ve mastered an array of strategies to help you dig below the surface.
- Take the audience for a ride with you. You champion involving others in your interaction with customers. Bring us along for the ride by involving us in interviews. And by sharing a summary of the interviews, surveys, and in-field trips that you do. It’s your job to be the glue between customer and company. So, you often think of new ways to improve that flow of information. You’re also a great story teller, and your communication skills are top notch.
- Help set the research agenda. Create a plan for what the next research project ought to be, and which qualitative and quantitative methods we should use to learn as much as we can. Work with our Senior Product Designer to create a smooth flow of constant research and validation. You being the key to this process of constant learning.
- Experience conducting jobs-to-be-done interviews;
- Experience in Human Computer Interaction design and artificial intelligence;
- Experience working in a remote first company, preferably a startup;
- Experience with HCI Research methodologies
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary, benefits, equity and flexible working hours;
- You get to be challenged every day by difficult to solve and novel problems;
- Work remotely from home or co-working spaces & link up with our vibrant community (online & in-person);
- Participate at regular company retreats in a variety of locations across Europe;
- Freedom to publish openly (papers), contribute open-source projects, and present at conferences;
- 20% time where you get to work on what you believe would benefit creative.ai most.
As part of your application, please tell us something we might not know about the creativity-meets-AI space. Impress us with a novel fact or idea. We're really excited to be hiring for this role, so come join us in building the next generation of creative tools!