creative.ai is a European, location-distributed team of humanist AI enthusiasts. We’re looking for a LEAN and design thinking evangelist to spearhead design. We're building the next generation of creative tools, designed to help people reach new creative heights. We use a combination of machine learning, computational intelligence and creativity, classical A.I., a wide range of generative & procedural techniques, and a strong focus on HCI.
- Shape the company. We're a small team, early in the game. As an early-stage startup with a grand vision, you’d join the core team to help us bring it to life!
- Work on the frontier of AI. You’d be taking on ground-breaking applied work that’s fundamental to the future of creative industries.
- Fully funded. The company is fully funded with projects underway; you have the opportunity for high-impact contributions!
- Fully remote. We’re distributed through Europe (Berlin, Vienna, London, Stockholm & Amsterdam) and we evangelise remote culture.
- Our team is masterclass. You’d join a Creative AI dream team, with founding team members that are veterans in the field, presenting at some of the biggest AI conferences in Europe and The Valley.
- A humanist company at the core. We care deeply about the ethical implications of AI and emphasize augmentation over automation. That means we put the people first, building tools to make creativity more accessible and raise our collective potential.
We're looking for an inspiring Lead Designer to spearhead solving demanding design challenges — making advanced AI & ML systems a joy to use. You will closely work together with our founders, frontend & backend engineers, and our product designer.
Requirements: No agencies or recruiters.
- Inspiring design leadership. The energy in the room is better with you in it. Being an AI startup our culture is tech-heavy, but we need product design direction. You’re coming onboard to instill a strong design culture, complementing our technical capabilities. You'll evangelize LEAN and design thinking to maximise our chance for success.
- Proven track-record of fostering design culture. You understand that there’s no good design without the right environment. Books like Creativity, Inc. and Gamestorming are some of your holy scriptures. You pride yourself on the legacy of green, fertile design environments you helped create in your career. You're a natural at facilitating design sprints, and know Google Venture's model off by heart.
- Your people skills are second to none. You thrive in a group setting. You create great rapport with those around you. We'll be just as invested in getting a great vibe going as you are. You're influential, but not manipulative. People trust you because you repay that trust tenth fold. Picking the right words comes natural to you. Handling conflicting views about product direction is easy for you. And it's left with people smiling at the end of it.
- Results-oriented. You don't need us to tell you about the importance of numbers. When you tell us about your work, start with the impact it has made and work back to your design decisions from there.
- You "get it". The points above just make good common sense to you. Your years of experience have crafted a sharp decision-making compass. You not only make great design decisions. More so, you know how to foster the right environment where great design decisions are made.
- You "got it". We'll omit specifying the minimum years of experience you ought to have. Again, we're results oriented. We care about what you've accomplished. Not how long you worked on it. So tell us about that!
- Experience in Human Computer Interaction design and artificial intelligence;
- Experience working in a remote-first company, preferably a startup;
- Experience with HCI Research methodologies;
- Participates in / commits to open source projects. Speaks regularly at industry conventions and meetups.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary, benefits, equity and flexible working hours;
- You get to be challenged every day by difficult to solve and novel problems;
- Work remotely from home or co-working spaces & link up with our vibrant community (online & in-person);
- Participate at regular company retreats in a variety of locations across Europe;
- Freedom to publish openly (papers), contribute to open-source projects, and present at conferences;
- 20% time where you get to work on what you believe would benefit creative.ai most.
As part of your application, please tell us something we might not know about the creativity-meets-AI space. Impress us with a novel fact or idea. We're really excited to be hiring for this role, so come join us in building the next generation of creative tools!